Six funding opportunities totaling more than $200,000 are still available! Grant applications are available for health disparities, impact of regulatory policies, biologics and resident research. Grants from $5,000 to $98,000 are available to eligible applicants. For more information, please visit our Grants Program page
Applications due February 21, 2020
Thanks for your support!
- OREF Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation Research Grant provides $98,000 in funding for research focused on the science of biologic—reconstruction, bone regeneration, transplantation—allografts, including stem cells for graft transplantation.
- OREF Impact of Regulatory Policies on the Patient-Physician Relationship Research Grant in Honor of Sigvard Hansen, MD provides up to $75,000 in funding for investigator-driven research proposals that explore the impact of regulatory practices on the patient-physician relationship.
- Resident Clinician Scientist Training Grant provides $20,000 in funding to prepare residents for a career with research as a major component.
- OREF and J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society (JRGOS) Orthopaedic Health Disparities Research Grant provides $20,000 in funding for research in the area of health disparities and diversity in the orthopaedic surgery field.
- OREF/JRGOS Resident Research Project Grant provides $5,000 in funding to resident investigators conducting research in the area of health disparities and diversity in the orthopaedic surgery field.
- Resident Research Project Grant—RD2 provides $5,000 in funding to residents who are interested in research. These grants are offered several times throughout the year, but you may submit only one application per grant year. Please apply during the time frame that most closely aligns with your research rotation in the labs.
We look forward to receiving your applications and learning about the exciting research you are proposing! Please share this announcement with all investigators you believe may be interested in these opportunities. Have questions about the OREF grants program? Visit our FAQ page
or email the grants team