$200,000+ in Funding Available!
OREF is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for biologic allograft, orthobiologic, youth sports and resident research, with more than $200,000 available. Supplemental support is also available for NIH K Award recipients.
Applications Due February 8, 2024
- OREF/MTF Biologics Research Grant provides $100,000 for research focused on the science of biologic – reconstruction, bone regeneration, transplantation - allografts, and including stem cells for graft transplantation.
- OREF/AAOS Clinical Gaps Research Grant provides $50,000 for research focused on the broad area of injectable orthobiologics for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis.
- Prevention of Musculoskeletal Youth Sports Injuries Grant provides $25,000 in startup funding or seed money for a new investigator conducting clinical and/or social research on the prevention of musculoskeletal youth sports injuries.
- Mentored Clinician Scientist Grant provides $20,000 for the development of new clinician scientists who have demonstrated success as both a clinician and a researcher. Allows investigators to spend dedicated time in research for a period of up to five years to develop a long and productive career in academic surgery.
LOI Due December 7, 2023
Letters of Intent (LOI) must be completed for the following grant. All properly submitted LOI will be reviewed by the Research Committee. If your LOI is selected to advance, you will be invited to complete a full proposal. View RFAs on ProposalCentral for complete eligibility requirements and instructions.
- Resident Research Project Grant provides $5,000 in funding to residents who are interested in research.