Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2020 funding will be offered in one of three cycles with RFAs going live in September 2019, November 2019 or May 2020. Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
OREF/Stryker Robotic-Assisted Surgery for Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty Prospective Clinical Research Grant
$90,000 over a two year grant period
- OREF, in partnership with Stryker, encourages proposals in support of cutting edge research that focuses on robotic-assisted surgery for primary total knee arthroplasty.
- Well-crafted clinical studies that seek to quantify robotic-assisted patient outcomes in knee arthroplasty are strongly encouraged.
- Clinical relevance must be clearly noted in the abstract and specific aims and be obvious from the title and the study design.
- Proposed projects are expected to generate results that have a practical application.
- The Principal Investigator must be a new investigator. A new investigator is classified as an individual who has not received an R01 National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant or its equivalent (e.g., VA, DOD, and NSF, etc.) as a PI. New investigators who have demonstrated a sustained interest in research and excellence in their training are encouraged to apply.
- Applications may be submitted by domestic or Canadian non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- PI or co-PI must be an orthopaedic surgeon licensed to practice in the United States and working in an institution in the U.S.
- PhDs or DVMs are eligible if working in or holding a primary or secondary appointment at an institution/orthopaedic department in the United States or Canada.
The next RFA date for this grant is TBD.
Mar 30, 2017, 09:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.