Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
OREF Treatment of Osteoarthritis Research Grant funded by the Arthritis Foundation
$50,000 over a one-year grant period
- This initiative addresses the need to support and facilitate research that can be completed within a limited time frame and budget.
- Competitive proposals should aim to help us better understand how to prevent and treat osteoarthritis, one of the most common causes of disability in adults.
- Applications may be submitted by domestic and non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- Multidisciplinary research activity is always encouraged. A PhD or DVM may serve as the principal investigator (PI) if s/he has a primary or secondary faculty appointment in an orthopaedic department. A letter from the department chair confirming this appointment is required. The orthopaedic surgeon must be licensed to practice in the United States.
- NOTE: Letters of Intent—Deadline: December 10, 2020, 10:59 p.m. CST
The first step in applying for this grant is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). To access the LOI submission instructions, click the button below and log in to proposalCENTRAL (pC). If you do not have pC login credentials, click on the create an account link to setup your credentials. Next, click the Apply Now button (top-right) for the grant you wish to submit. The full RFA and LOI instructions can be found as downloadable documents in step 2, "download templates and instructions."
The LOI deadline has passed.
Dec 10, 2020, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at email@example.com.