Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
OREF Injectable Orthobiologics Knee Osteoarthritis Research Grant
$50,000 over one year grant period
- Soliciting investigator-initiated research proposals
focused on the broad area of injectable orthobiologics for the treatment
of knee osteoarthritis, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Determining clinical efficacy and safety of an injectable
orthobiologic treatment(s) to provide decreased pain and improved
function, preferably through the assessment of a balanced outcome
scorecard measuring patient-reported outcomes and appropriate clinical
- Assessing the mechanisms of action of an injectable orthobiologic
treatment(s) in knee osteoarthritis to reduce pain and improve
function or modify the progression of disease in patients with knee
Areas of research focus may include translational preclinical or clinical
research to preferably include pilot human studies.
- Orthopaedic Surgeons licensed to practice in the U.S and working in an
institution in the U.S. with active clinical practice.
- Principal Investigator is required to be member of the American
Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
- PhDs, DVMs or other qualified researchers can serve as a
co-investigator, but should hold a faculty appointment in an orthopaedic
department at an institution in the U.S.
The next RFA date for this grant is TBD.
Feb 21, 2021, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.