Investigator-Initiated Grants for Orthopaedic Research
Grant programs for 2020 funding will be offered in one of three cycles with RFAs going live in September 2019, November 2019 or May 2020. Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
OREF Mentored Clinician-Scientist Grant
- Promotes the development of new clinician scientists who have demonstrated success as both a clinician and a researcher.
- Allows investigators to spend dedicated time in research for a period of up to five years to develop a long and productive career in academic surgery.
- Supplements the salary of an orthopaedic researcher that has secured an NIH K08 or K23 award from the NIH (or equivalent mentored research funding).
- To Access the Request for Application, you will need a proposalCENTRAL account. If you don't already have one, go to proposalCENTRAL by clicking the button below, then click the "Create an Account" link, which is located in the top right corner of the page.
- Orthopaedic surgeons licensed to practice and working at an institution in the United States.
- Applicants who have demonstrated success in research by receiving extramural research funding under one or more K08 or K23 awards from the National Institutes of Health or an equivalent funding source.
- Recipients with multiyear NIHK08 or K23 awards may reapply to continue support
The next RFA date for this grant is TBD.
Jul 30, 2020, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at email@example.com.