OREF supports independent, peer-reviewed musculoskeletal research and education initiatives that have the potential to accelerate knowledge and ultimately improve the delivery of orthopaedic care. Grant and award recipients are selected through OREF's independent peer-review process, which is modeled on that of the National Institutes of Health. OREF seeks to fund high-quality and clinically relevant orthopaedic research and education projects through a grants and awards mechanism.
For more information, please contact the Grants team at (847) 430-5109 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
OREF/Shimomura International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (SICOT) Travel Awards
- OREF, Shimomura, and the International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (SICOT) invite proposals for the OREF/ International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (SICOT) Travel Awards
- Applicants must have a current membership in SICOT and must submit in writing the following: specific travel objective, a global objective for future research and a letter of reference from the research supervisor familiar with the applicant’s research interest, department chair guaranteeing support for leave of absence during the duration of the meeting and a brief CV or biosketch limited to 5-pages.
- PLEASE NOTE: due to the ongoing uncertainty about when in-person meetings may safely resume, it is possible that the SICOT meeting may be held as a virtual meeting only. In that case, no award will be made.
Submit application on proposal Central
- Private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows are encouraged to apply.
Orthopaedic Surgeons in an academic setting are also eligible to submit proposals for consideration.
- Priority points will be given to private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows.
- All candidates must have completed studies focusing on health care policy, clinical outcomes or translational research having immediate impact.
May 7, 2021
May 7, 2021, 10:59 PM