Award Programs For Donors
OREF supports independent, peer-reviewed musculoskeletal research and education initiatives that have the potential to accelerate knowledge and ultimately improve the delivery of orthopaedic care. Grant and award recipients are selected through OREF's independent peer-review process, which is modeled on that of the National Institutes of Health. OREF seeks to fund high-quality and clinically relevant orthopaedic research and education projects through a grants and awards mechanism.
For more information, please contact the Grants team at (847) 430-5109 or by email at email@example.com
OREF/Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (CCJR) Clinical Practice Award
- OREF and the Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (CCJR) meetings, through the auspices of the Current Concepts Institute (CCI), invite manuscripts for the OREF/Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Clinical Practice Award.
- Manuscripts must address completed investigations focusing on health care policy, clinical outcomes, or translational research that has immediate clinical impact in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- The primary author Award Recipient will be given the opportunity to present his/her paper at a CCJR meeting, which attracts an international orthopaedic surgeon audience and will join a faculty comprising orthopaedic thought leaders. The Award Recipient's presentation will be included in the meeting’s enduring materials and will be considered for publication. As a faculty member, travel expenses will be reimbursed by CCI.
- OREF will administer the selection process for this award. An independent selection committee convened by OREF will determine the Award Recipient. The award will be presented at the Annual Spring CCJR meeting in Las Vegas, NV, May 17-20, 2020.
- All manuscripts must be submitted electronically through proposalCENTRAL. If you don't already have an account, go to proposalCENTRAL by clicking the button below, then click the "Create an Account" link, which is located in the top right corner of the page.
- The manuscript submission deadline is March 9, 2020. Announcement of the award recipient will be made in April, 2020.
- Private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows are encouraged to apply.
Orthopaedic Surgeons in an academic setting are also eligible to submit manuscripts for consideration.
- Priority points will be given to private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows.
- All candidates must have completed studies focusing on health care policy, clinical outcomes or translational research having immediate impact.
The next RFA date for this award is TBD.
Mar 14, 2019, 11:59 PM