Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
Friedenberg Mentored Clinician Scientist Grant
- Promotes the development of new clinician scientists who have demonstrated success as both a clinician and a researcher.
- Allows investigators to spend dedicated time in research for a period of up to five years to develop a long and productive career in academic surgery.
- Supplements the salary of an orthopaedic researcher that has secured an NIH K08 or K23 award from the NIH (or equivalent mentored research funding).
- To Access the Request for Application, you will need a proposalCENTRAL account. If you don't already have one, go to proposalCENTRAL by clicking the button below, then click the "Create an Account" link, which is located in the top right corner of the page.
- Orthopaedic surgeons licensed to practice and working at an institution in the United States.
- Applicants who have demonstrated success in research by receiving extramural research funding under one or more K08 or K23 awards from the National Institutes of Health or an equivalent funding source.
- Recipients with multiyear NIHK08 or K23 awards may reapply to continue support
Apply on Proposal Central
August 16, 2021
Aug 16, 2021, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.