Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2020 funding will be offered in one of three cycles with RFAs going live in September 2019, November 2019 or May 2020.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
The OREF Impact of Regulatory Policies on the Patient-Physician Relationship Research Grant in Honor of Sigvard Hansen, MD
- This Funding Opportunity Announcement solicits investigator-initiated research proposals to explore the impact of regulatory practices on the patient-physician relationship. The proposal should examine how and to what extent the burden of additional required documentation impacts the amount and quality of time a physician has available to focus on direct patient care.
- Examples of areas of investigation can include:
- Clarifying impact of the EMR “copy and pasting” practice on the utility of the EMR for clinical decision making
- Documenting the impact of examination room computer documentation on physician-patient communication
- Assessing the impact of medical “ scribes” on physician-patient communication
- Examining the impact of EMR documentation on the process of shared decision making
- Detailing potential EMR practice changes to enhance the utility of the EMR for clinical research
- The impact of the EMR on physician well-being, burn out/ attrition, and job satisfaction.
- The impact of other bureaucratic, administrative and regulatory mandates on the physician-patient relationship and/or physician well-being and job satisfaction
- Submitted proposals should seek to gain a better understanding of whether regulatory policies such as those related to documenting patient encounters in an electronic medical record (EMR) system enhances or erodes the doctor patient relationship, patient satisfaction and patient safety.
Feburary 21, 2020 10:59 p.m. CST
Feb 21, 2020, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at email@example.com.