To access a schedule of all funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change and the website will be updated accordingly.
OREF/ABOS Surgical Skills Simulation Training for Residents Research Grant
$150,000 to $300,000 grant over a 2-3 year period
- The Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF) and the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) announce the availability of a grant award to advance simulation as a tool for skills training and determine whether it could be used for performance assessment of orthopaedic residents prior to qualifying for their certifying examinations throughout the country.
- Projects that have or develop measurable outcomes, benchmarks for performance and proficiency levels will be preferred.
- Applications may be submitted by domestic and Canadian, non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- Multidisciplinary research is always encouraged. The principal investigator (PI) must be an orthopaedic surgeon or a full-time researcher (e.g., PhD, DVM, DO) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research. Successful applicants will have demonstrated experience in the field.
- NOTE: Letters of Intent—The first step in applying for this grant is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). To access the LOI submission instructions, click the button below and log in to proposalCENTRAL. If you do not have pC login credentials, click on the create an account link to setup your credentials. Next, click the Apply Now button (top-right) for the grant you wish to submit. The full RFA and LOI instructions can be found as downloadable documents in step 2, "download templates and instructions."
- All properly submitted LOIs will be reviewed by the Research Grants Committee. If your LOI is selected to advance, you will be invited to complete a full proposal. LOIs are due December 14, 2018 by 10:59 p.m. CDT.
Letter of Intent Due: December 14, 2018
Notification to Applicants: January 21, 2019
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019
To find out when this opportunity will be available, please click here.
To find out when this opportunity will be available, please click the link above.
Dec 14, 2018, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.