Investigator-Initiated Grants for Orthopaedic Research
Grant programs for 2020 funding will be offered in one of three cycles with RFAs going live in September 2019, November 2019 or May 2020. Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
Resident Clinician Scientist Training Grant
- Prepares residents for a career with research as a major component.
- Clinical relevance must be clearly noted in the abstract and specific aim and be obvious from the title and the study design.
- Work should clearly be achievable by the resident as a free-standing project even when it is a part of a larger work, and it should potentially lead to publication with the resident as an author.
- To Access the Request for Application, you will need a proposalCENTRAL account. If you don't already have one, go to proposalCENTRAL by clicking the button below, then click the "Create an Account" link, which is located in the top right corner of the page.
- Applications may be submitted by domestic non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- The resident applicant (PI) must be an orthopaedic surgery resident or fellow in an approved orthopaedic program in the United States who intends to pursue a career with research as a major component.
- The resident is required to have a minimum of three (3) months dedicated research time, with six (6) months dedicated research time preferred, within the one (1) year grant period. The resident’s time commitment must be consistent with the resident’s role on the project and must be justified.
- The applicant must have a senior mentor who has sufficient funds, either intramural or extramural, to support the project.
The next RFA date for this grant is TBD.
Feb 21, 2020, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.