Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
OREF/Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation Research Grant
$98,000 grant ($49,000 per year) (Directed program)
- OREF, in partnership with the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF Biologics) solicits investigator-initiated research proposals focusing on research in the science of biologic—reconstruction, bone regeneration, transplantation—allografts, including stem cells for graft transplantation.
- Clinical relevance of all proposals must be clearly noted in the abstract and specific aims and be obvious from the title and study design. All proposed projects are expected to generate results that have a practical application. It is expected that upon completion of the proposed project, the principal investigator will be well poised to pursue NIH/DOD or the equivalent large-scale funding to continue to advance the area of research.
- Domestic, non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- Multidisciplinary research activity is strongly encouraged. An orthopaedic surgeon principal investigator (PI) must be licensed to practice in and be working in an institution in the Untied States. A PhD may serve as the principal investigator (PI) and must hold a faculty appointment in an orthopaedic department at an institution in the United States. A letter from the department chair confirming the appointment is required.
- The PI must be a new investigator. A new investigator is classified as an individual who has not received an R01 National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant or its equivalent (e.g., VA, DOD, and NSF) in the role of PI.
The next RFA date for this grant is TBD.
Feb 21, 2020, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.