Please NOTE: Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
OREF/Shimomura International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (SICOT) Travel Awards
- OREF, Shimomura, and the International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (SICOT) invite proposals for the OREF/ International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology (SICOT) Travel Awards
- Applicants must have a current membership in SICOT and must submit in writing the following: specific travel objective, a global objective for future research and a letter of reference from the research supervisor familiar with the applicant’s research interest, department chair guaranteeing support for leave of absence during the duration of the meeting and a brief CV or biosketch limited to 5-pages.
- PLEASE NOTE: due to the ongoing uncertainty about when in-person meetings may safely resume, it is possible that the SICOT meeting may be held as a virtual meeting only. In that case, no award will be made.
- Private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows are encouraged to apply.
Orthopaedic Surgeons in an academic setting are also eligible to submit proposals for consideration.
- Priority points will be given to private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows.
- All candidates must have completed studies focusing on health care policy, clinical outcomes or translational research having immediate impact.
The submission deadline has passed.
May 7, 2021, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.