Investigator-Initiated Grants for Orthopaedic Research
Grant programs for 2021 funding will be offered in two cycles with RFAs going live in November 2020 or May 2021.
To view a schedule of current funding opportunities, please click here.
Please note that dates are subject to change. To be notified of all grant opportunities as their application period opens, sign up for email
Resident Research Project Grant—RD2
- Provides funding to residents who are interested in research.
- Covers research expenses, but not salary or travel.
- Work should clearly be achievable by the resident as a free-standing project even when it is a part of a larger work.
- Both laboratory and clinical projects (e.g. outcome studies) are suitable, but in either case clinical relevance must be explicitly and clearly described.
- The resident will learn to write a competitive research proposal and will develop a relationship with a mentor who has research experience and mentored others.
- Domestic non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities and colleges.
- The applicant (PI) must be an orthopaedic surgery resident in an ACGME-Accredited orthopaedic program in the United States.
- Resident Research Project grants now have 2 deadlines per year. Please choose the deadline that most closely aligns with your research rotation. Residents will be allowed to submit one application per year.
To Access the Request for Application, you will need a proposalCENTRAL account. If you don't already have one, go to proposalCENTRAL by clicking the button below, then click the "Create an Account" link, which is located in the top right corner of the page.
All orthopaedic topics will be considered; applicants with research proposals related to sports, shoulder and elbow, spine and pediatrics are encouraged.
Apply on Proposal Central
August 16, 2021
Aug 16, 2021, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at email@example.com.