The Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF) Prevention Of Musculoskeletal Youth Sports Injuries Research Grant in Honor of James R. Andrews, MD
$100,000 to $150,000 /$50,000 per year
- Applications may be submitted by domestic and Canadian non-profit, public and private institutions of higher education, such as hospitals, medical schools, universities, and colleges.
- Multidisciplinary research activity is always encouraged. PhDs and DVMs may serve as the principal investigator (PI) if they have a primary or secondary faculty appointment in an orthopaedic department. A letter from the department chair confirming this appointment is required. The orthopaedic surgeon must be licensed to practice in the United States.
- The orthopaedic surgeon must provide a statement on time to be allocated to the project indicating percent of average time allocated and how the time will be spent.
- The Principal Investigator must be a new investigator. A new investigator is classified as an individual who has not received an R01 National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant or its equivalent (e.g., VA, DOD, and NSF, etc.) as a PI.
- Applicants are limited to one submission to OREF per cycle regardless of category. The same project may not be submitted in multiple categories, even if the PI is different. The principal investigator may receive only one OREF grant of each type during his/her lifetime.
- NOTE: Letters of Intent—The first step in applying for this grant is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). To access the LOI submission instructions, click the button below and log in to proposalCENTRAL. If you do not have pC login credentials, click on the create an account link to setup your credentials. Next, click the Apply Now button (top-right) for the grant you wish to submit. The full RFA and LOI instructions can be found as downloadable documents in step 2, "download templates and instructions."
- All properly submitted LOIs will be reviewed by the Research Grants Committee. If your LOI is selected to advance, you will be invited to complete a full proposal. LOIs are due July 2 , 2018 by 10:59 p.m. CDT.
Submit LOI on proposal Central
LOI Deadline is July 2, 2018
Jul 2, 2018, 10:59 PM
Have a question for the OREF Grants team?
Submit a question here or email us at email@example.com.