OREF supports independent, peer-reviewed musculoskeletal research and education seeking clinically relevant advancements that orthopaedic surgeons can apply in daily practice to improve outcomes and help patients enjoy more of life. Research grant and award recipients are selected through OREF's independent, peer-review process, which is modeled on the process used by the National Institutes of Health. OREF invites applications for funding for qualified, clinically relevant orthopaedic research and education projects as grants and awards are funded.
For more information, please contact the Grants team at (847) 430-5109 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- OREF and the Current Concepts in Joint Replacement (CCJR) meetings, through the auspices of the Current Concepts Institute (CCI), invite manuscripts for the OREF/Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Clinical Practice Award.
- Manuscripts must address completed investigations focusing on health care policy, clinical outcomes, or translational research that has immediate clinical impact in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- The primary author Award Recipients will be given the opportunity to present his/her paper at a CCJR meeting, which attracts an international orthopaedic surgeon audience, and will join a faculty comprising orthopaedic thought leaders. The Award Recipients’ presentation will be included in the meeting’s enduring materials, and will be considered for publication. As a faculty member, travel expenses will be reimbursed by CCI.
- OREF will administer the selection process for these awards. An independent selection committee convened by OREF will determine the Award Recipients. The first award will be presented at the Annual Spring CCJR meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 21–24, 2017. The second award will be presented at the Annual Winter CCJR meeting in Orlando, Florida, December 13– 6, 2017.
- Private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows are encouraged to apply.
Orthopaedic Surgeons in an academic setting are also eligible to submit manuscripts for consideration.
- Priority points will be given to private practice orthopaedic surgeons and fellows.
- All candidates must have completed studies focusing on health care policy, clinical outcomes or translational research having immediate impact.
The application period is closed.
Mar 20, 2017, 12:00 AM
Clinical Research Award
- Recognizes outstanding clinical research related to musculoskeletal disease or injury.
- Manuscripts should be original and represent a large body of cohesive scientific work generally reflecting years of investigation. If the submission reflects a single project, it should be of high significance and impact.
July 1, 2017
- OREF in partnership with ORS recognize clinician scientists and clinical investigators in the early stages of their careers for playing a key or leading role in an original research project in clinical or translational medicine, demonstrating excellence in training, and showing a commitment to orthopaedic research.
- Award provides and honorarium, free registration, and travel expenses to ORS Annual Meeting where the successful candidates will present their work.
- Applicants must have obtained an MD, DO, DDM, DPT, DDS, DVM or equivalent.
- Orthopaedic surgeons who've completed formal training within the last five years.
- Applicants do not need to be members of the ORS and need not have previously attendied an Annual Meeting.
- Visit the ORS website for more information
Application period is closed
Aug 31, 2015, 12:00 AM